Terms & Conditions
1-2-1 Training & Behavioural Packages
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Terms and Conditions of Services Effective 01.05.2022. Taylor’s Dogs, hereafter referred to as “we”, “our” or “us”, is a one-person entity that provides dog related services of 1-2-1 dog and puppy training, group classes and behavioural treatment sessions, collectively known as the “service(s)”, “session(s)” or “booking(s)”. The “Client(s)”, “Owner(s)”, “Handler(s)” refers to the person filling out the Enrolment Form and anyone affiliated with the dog that attends a training session, be that in person or via video call.
In the interests of safety to Taylor‘s Dogs, speakers, volunteers, Clients, Handlers, attendees and spectators please read and agree to the following conditions.
This declaration sets out the terms on which Taylor’s Dogs accepts you on any sessions. When you agree to this declaration, you will be bound by all of Taylor’s Dogs Terms and Conditions.
Taylor‘s Dogs reviews and changes these conditions from time to time in order to assist the proper delivery of services and education. Taylor‘s Dogs reserves the right to introduce changes at any time when it is in the interest of Clients, Handlers, Taylor‘s Dogs, speakers and dogs.
- All fees much be paid at the time of booking. A booking cannot be made or confirmed without full payment.
- Payment confirmation, booking confirmation, session reminders and correspondence form Taylor‘s Dogs will be sent via email to the address you provide. Please ensure this address is correct at the time of booking.
- All training sessions must be booked in straight away once you have paid. Taylor‘s Dogs is booked up approximately 6 - 8 weeks in advance so sessions must be booked in to avoid disappointment and long gaps between training sessions.
- All bookings of multiple of sessions in a training programme must be completed within a set time period to ensure continuity and momentum in training.
- A block of 4 sessions to be completed weekly over a maximum of 7 weeks
- A block of 6 sessions to be completed weekly over a maximum of 10 weeks
- For Behaviour Programmes, sessions must be completed within the time frame specified for each particular programme.
RESCHEDULING OF APPOINTMENTS
- Taylor‘s Dogs is a small appointments based business and cannot function with prolonged rescheduling of sessions from Clients. However, Taylor‘s Dogs appreciates that life events and circumstances outside of the Clients control can happen and aims to be flexible within reason, within the limits of our business hours and the terms and conditions stated here.
- When booking with Taylor‘s Dogs, please ensure you have sufficient time to commit to the training sessions and training between sessions. If you are unable to do this and anticipate you will be regularly rescheduling sessions, please wait until you have more available time to commit before booking.
- Taylor‘s Dogs permits the following number of rescheduled sessions per booking. Upon reaching the limits stated below, the Client will lose any further sessions they require to be rescheduled and no refund shall be given.
- Single sessions can be rescheduled only once
- A block of 4 sessions permits a maximum of 1 rescheduled session
- A block of 6 sessions permits a maximum of 2 rescheduled sessions
- Bronze and Silver Behavioural programmes permit a maximum of 1 rescheduled session, Gold permits a maximum of 2 rescheduled sessions.
- Any further requests for sessions to be rescheduled beyond the limits stated above will only be granted at the discretion of Taylor‘s Dogs.
- If the Client becomes unavailable for the original date and time of their booking they must give Taylor‘s Dogs at least 48 hours notice, and the booking will be rescheduled for a mutually convenient time. If less than 48 hours notice is given the Client will lose the session.
CANCELLATIONS, TERMINATION OF CONTRACT AND REFUNDS
- Cancellation requests of the entire booking made up to 72 hours prior to the first session (including any online consultations or sessions) will incur the full fee.
- Cancellation requests of the entire booking made between 72 hours to 14 days prior to the first session will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- Cancellation requests of the entire booking made 14 days or more prior to the first session will receive a full refund.
- A 14 day statutory cancellation period is given after booking a service. If your booking is made within 14 days of the start of the service then you agree to waive your right to rely upon the 14 day statutory cooling off and cancellation period.
- If the Client makes the decision to re-home their dog once training has commenced, a refund will not be given for any sessions taken or the remainder of the sessions not used.
- If the Client moves outside of Taylor‘s Dogs service area once training has commenced, a refund will not be given for any sessions taken or the remainder of the sessions not used. The option to complete the sessions via zoom will be given.
- If the Client decides to terminate the booking/service once training has started, a refund will not be given for any sessions taken or the remainder of the sessions not used.
- Taylor‘s Dogs reserves the right to terminate the contract (at any time and with immediate effect and no refund) if any dog/s under the contract does not respond well to the training plan where continuing of said contract is deemed by Taylor‘s Dogs to constitute a risk.
- Taylor‘s Dogs reserves the right to terminate the contract (at any time and with immediate effect and no refund) if the Client or anyone with their dog is abusive towards any Taylor‘s Dogs staff or volunteers.
- If a Client is non compliant or withholding information with regards to the behaviour of their dog, including but not limited to aggression, which could compromise the safety of Taylor‘s Dogs staff or volunteers then the contract will be terminated immediately and no refund given.
- Any refunds granted will be paid to the Client on the card the original service was booked with. Refunds will take between two to seven working days to appear in the Clients account.
- Taylor’s Dogs cannot guarantee payout from insurance companies for behavioural treatment as the decision ultimately lies with the insurer.
- Aggression or behaviour issues must be declared on this form or advised in writing along with acceptance and confirmation of receipt from Taylor‘s Dogs before sessions begin.
- If it is recommended following treatment that rehoming or euthanasia is the best option, no refund will be given.
- Sessions are non-transferable if rehome is decided.
- If the Client fails to attend a training session no refund shall be given.
- If the Client is more than 20 minutes late for a training session and has not corresponded with Taylor‘s Dogs to inform them of the delay, the session will be cancelled and no refund shall be given.
- If the Client is late to a training session, only the booked time slot for the session shall be given. No extra time shall be added onto the training session to account for the Client arriving late.
- Training sessions may be held outside, please wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Taylor‘s Dogs cannot be held liable for any losses of any kind that arise from this contract or the provision of our services save for death or personal injury caused by negligence. This clause does not attempt to avoid any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- It is advised that your dog is fully vaccinated and on a regular flea, tick and worming treatment. Or they are titre tested and regular worming checks are completed.
- All dogs will be kept on a lead for the duration of the training session unless otherwise instructed.
- Taylor‘s Dogs will apply personal judgement and cut short a training session, if necessary, because of extreme weather conditions; including, but not limited to excessive heat, rain, thunder storms and snow/ice. The decision to do so lays with the judgement of Taylor‘s Dogs, for the safety of themselves, the Client and dog. In such circumstances the booking will be rearranged for a mutually convenient time.
- Should training sessions have to be cancelled due to changes relating to Covid-19 (including but not limited to a lockdown or rules about 1-2-1 or group gatherings changing) a refund will not be given and the training sessions will either be rearranged for a mutually convenient time and date, or carried out virtually via Zoom. This is at the discretion of Taylor‘s Dogs.
- Taylor‘s Dogs will apply personal judgement and cut short a training session, if necessary, if we feel the dog is not coping well.
- Our methods are kind, ethical and effective. However, instant results are unlikely and training will take long term commitment from the Client to work with their dog throughout the duration of the booked sessions and beyond. It is the responsibility of the Client to practice the training recommended by Taylor‘s Dogs to achieve the desired results.
- Dogs must be kept under control when Taylor‘s Dogs is entering your home. Failure to do so and any injury caused by your dog being out of control will be your full responsibility. Where appropriate and directed by us, we will meet outside your home first and in some instances, we may work only outside taking a hands-off approach working at a distance (especially in the case of anxious dogs).
- In some cases we use stooge dogs to aid training. You will be responsible for keeping your dog a sufficient and safe distance from the stooge dog and under control.
- In the case of behavioural issues you agree to give consent to work with us and are happy for us to contact your vet on your behalf should this be necessary.
- If your bitch is in season please inform Taylor‘s Dogs as soon as possible to discuss whether it’s appropriate for your dog to train during this time period.